The protection of your personal data is important to us. When storing and processing your user data, we therefore comply with the relevant federal and cantonal data protection regulations and the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), where applicable.
- In addition to comprehensive information, the Zug municipality offers various virtual services on the website www.ezug.ch and other online services. It enables users to get in touch with each other, exchange information and services and add entries via third-party integration systems.
- Every user is obliged to comply with the applicable laws, not to distribute, offer or make accessible any illegal and thus punishable, youth-endangering, pornographic or violence-glorifying content or links leading to such content via www.ezug.ch or to process personal data if the data protection requirements are not met.
- It is not permitted to reproduce and distribute works protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights via www.ezug.ch if the legal or contractual requirements are not met.
- The mass sending of messages with identical or largely identical content ("spam") is not permitted.
- It is not permitted to send data or software that is likely to impair the hardware or software of recipients.
- Failure to comply with these provisions may result in the immediate termination of registered users of the virtual services. The Zug Municipality also reserves the right to delete content that violates the above principles without prior notice. The right to take civil and criminal action is reserved at all times.
- In order to optimise our website, a statistics tool is used on our website. The statistics tool informs us about the use of our website. The data is anonymised.
- You will be asked separately for your consent to the web statistics for the normal content (web pages) and for the interactive online services (forms, pages with input fields, etc.).
- Third-party services are used for special services (e.g. video, social media plug-ins, local map, housing offers, reading service). Some of these third parties have contractually agreed to guarantee the protection of your personal data. In other cases, the services have been integrated in such a way that you can decide whether you want to use the services or not. When you use these services, your data traces (e.g. IP address) reach the operators of the third-party platform and their data protection conditions come into effect. By clicking on an icon or black box, you start using these third-party services.
- If you send us personal information online, this personal data is used solely for the purpose of the order placed with us. Depending on the type of service, different software components and the operators of these components may be involved. Such third parties are subject, like us, to the joint obligation to fully comply with the provisions of data protection and to use personal data solely in accordance with the defined mandate and for the declared purpose.
- To prevent misuse, the IP address is stored together with online services by our hosting partner. The data is deleted regularly. A deletion of the data can also be requested at any time via the webmaster (see below).
- In accordance with the Federal Act on the Surveillance of Postal and Telecommunications Traffic (BÜPF), the connection data (log data) of accesses to our website (so-called marginal data) must be stored for six months by our hosting partner. This data is only passed on to authorised police and other authorised federal and/or cantonal authorities and services in connection with possible criminal offences on request and is deleted in all other cases after the retention period has expired.
- Our system works with targeted cookies in order to offer the users a higher user-friendliness. Cookies are small files that are exchanged between the user's browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.) and the web server and are stored in the user's browser. These cookies store certain settings or information about the use of the website. You can also switch off cookies (under Browser settings > Privacy). Please note, however, that the login mechanism, for example, will then no longer function reliably.
Data security / encryption
- Together with our provider, we have taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures to prevent accidental or intentional manipulation, loss or destruction of data and unauthorized access to data while using our website.
- When accessing interactive services (forms and pages with input fields), the system automatically switches to a secure, SSL-encrypted connection. This ensures that third parties cannot read the transmitted data. The encryption mechanisms are always based on the latest state of the art and are continuously adapted to new findings (e.g. AES-256-bit TLS). The certificate used is in the name of Tincan Digital.
- Please note that e-mails from you to us or from us to you are not encrypted and are therefore not considered a secure means of communication. E-mails can be temporarily stored, evaluated and read by intermediaries, for example by e-mail providers (Bluewin, Hotmail, Gmail, Cablecom etc.) or employers (in the case of business e-mails), but also by attackers (so-called "men in the middle"), especially (but not exclusively) when using WLAN. So do not use e-mails for confidential matters or for confidential data, especially not for personal data.
- Every user of www.ezug.ch is responsible for the data and content he or she transmits. The municipality of Zug is not liable to users or third parties for content and programmes disseminated via the services, nor for damage of any kind which may arise from their use, dissemination, etc.
- The data sent is generally processed, published or forwarded quickly. The Zug Municipality makes every effort to ensure that these areas function optimally; however, system-related interruptions, delays or waiting times cannot be ruled out. Data is always sent at the user's own risk and without any guarantee on the part of the Zug Municipality. No liability is accepted for data that is not received.
- Although the information is kept as up to date as possible, the Zug Municipality accepts no responsibility for the topicality and accuracy of the data listed.
- The websites contain links to external websites of other providers. The Zug municipality has no influence whatsoever on their content and accepts no responsibility in this respect. Visitors to such websites, to which links are provided on the website of the Zug municipality, bear full responsibility for their visit.
- The Zug Municipality reserves the right to make changes to its website at any time without prior notice.
- In the event of legal questions and disputes arising from or in connection with the www.ezug.ch website, Swiss law shall apply exclusively.
- The place of jurisdiction is exclusively the city of Zug.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.
City of Zug